Do you study at one of our partner universities and plan to do your study abroad semester/year at our university?
Once you have been nominated from your International Office, we are looking forward to receiving the following documents from you:
1. Application form (please fill in electronically (!), then print it, sign it and scan
again to PDF)
2. Recent transcript of records
3. Curriculum Vitae
4. Photo for student ID (passport size, may be a smiling picture), JPG format!
5. List of courses which you would like to study at our university, minimum 20
ECTS credits (German as a foreign language (2,5 ECTS) is compulsory for
everybody who does not speak German on C1/C2 level)
6. Proof of English language competence (if you want to take
classes in English only and if your mother's tongue is not English) or proof of
German language competence (if you want to take classes in German)
7. A copy of the main photograph page from the passport or both pages of your
national ID if you have an EU nationality
8. EU students only: Copy of your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC, blue card)
Deadline for applications:
* May 15th for the fall winter semester (Sept. - Febr.)
* November 15th for the spring semester (Mar. - Jul.)
Please send your documents
by e-mail in PDF format (max. 4 MB in total) to Conny Bast at
In order to be admitted to our university, you will need to get a German Health Insurance. We will help you to apply for one once you have arrived here.
!!! We can no longer accept international health insurances from non-EU countries.!!!
Information on the insurance can be found here.
The Application for student accommodation is done online for the rooms from the student welfare service (Studentenwerk Tübingen-Hohenheim). This is done AFTER you received your confirmation letter!
Please show the following documents during enrolment period:
Proof that you paid the administration fee of 141,20 Euros (as of 9/2017) for the
student welfare service.
(NOTE: There are no tuition fees for exchange students)
Compulsory orientation days for international students will be held one week before the classes start.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NON-EU-STUDENTS:
Every student must register at the town hall in Albstadt / Sigmaringen. Non-EU-Students must apply for an eAT-card (electronic permit of stay) at the foreign office at the town hall. The fee for the eAT-card is 100,00 Euro. Students who will get a German scholarship are exempt from this fee.
Courses in English HS AlbSig
Grading System at Albstadt-Sigmaringen University
Click here to get information on how to find train connections from Stuttgart airport and Stuttgart main station to Albstadt-Ebingen and to Sigmaringen
Many important information can be found in our Student Handbook english 2017